Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Tyler!


Dan and I arrived at St. Mary's Hospital at 6am on Friday August 6, 2010. I was scheduled to be induced (which I am very grateful for). I was a little apprehensive about being induced, medically starting something that should happen on its own naturally made me very nervous, and I went back and forth about whether or not I should go through with it. Dan and I prayed a lot about it and as the time drew closer to my induction my nerves and fears went away. The induction began very smoothly and things progressed at a nice pace. When I reached 7 cm though Tyler started having problems with each contraction. His heart rate would drop dramatically if not stop during each one. I was extremely glad to be at the hospital and being monitored so closely! The only position I could be in where Tyler would respond in a normal healthy manner was on my right side almost on my belly. When little Tyler was born we learned the reason for this. The cord was wrapped around his neck rather tightly three times. Because of this he didn't come out screaming like Levi did, which really scared me and they had to give him a little oxygen to get going. But, when he got going, he got going! And we welcomed this beautiful Child of God!





Meet Tyler Randall Worland. Born at 4:20pm on August 6, 2010. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long.




Dan is a very proud father and loves to hold him!






Levi came to the hospital with Grandma and Grandpa Christensen to meet his new brother. Dan was holding Tyler and he bent down to Levi’s level and told him this was his little brother. Levi put his hand on his heart and gasped. Levi was speechless, Dan said he could tell he was in awe. Both Dan and I started tearing up it was so precious. Here is Levi holding his little brother Tyler. Levi is very excited to be a big brother.














Tyler is very sweet and has a mild laid back personality. He likes to be held and snuggled.





This is Tyler’s first car ride when we brought him home from the hospital. He was wide awake for the ride and didn’t know what to think about the vibrations, bumps, and noises.






Now at 3 weeks old we are all slowly adjusting to our new life as a family of 4. Tyler is still very well tempered and still loves to be held and snuggled. Oh, and he LOVES his binky, don't know how thrilled I am about it, but he thinks it's pretty grand!




Had to show off his little mullet!




Levi still loves to help do whatever he can for Tyler, and he is a very big helper! He hates to hear Tyler cry and makes sure that the second he starts fussing that either Dan or I come get him.

4 comments:

  1. He is so precious...I'm glad everything went pretty smoothly and the induction went well! He would have been super big if you had to wait much longer! You are also so lucky that Levi likes Tyler so much! Sam still avoids Kirk whenever he can. Great choice of name, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute!!! Congrats! Glad all went well!!! We are so excited for you guys!! Levi seems like he will be a great big brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a darling little guy... I just love little baby mullets. :) And Levi looks and sounds like such an adoring and ideal older brother! Both of your little guys are just so wonderful. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete