Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ouchy!

It happened. We've made our first trip to the ER! Levi is such a climber, and has absolutely no fear. Wednesday afternoon, after Levi woke up from his nap, we were sitting on the couch cuddling. I had my feet up on the coffee table and Levi decided to start climbing over my legs, back and forth (he does this a lot). On one of his trips over, he lost his balance and fell into the edge of the table. He split his eyebrow wide open. I scooped him up, put a cold wash cloth on it to get the bleeding under control, and then called Dan. I hadn't gotten a good look at it yet, but, I was sure he was going to need stitches. Luckily Dan, was already on his way home from the hospital so we didn't have to wait long. Dan came and got us and we headed back to the hospital. We spent 4 1/2 hours in the ER. He had 3 stitches put in. They had to tie him up in a sheet and it took two nurses, the doctor, and Dan and I to hold him down while they did it. It was a very traumatic experience for Levi and me (both of us were in tears). Unfortunately, Levi has already forgotten how he got hurt and the trauma of having it fixed. He climbes, dives and laughes all day long!



Waiting in the ER, nervously. After about 10 minutes of being there though, he started climbing over all the chairs. My heart was pounding the whole time, I was so afraid he was going to fall again.


It split pretty wide so they couldn't just glue it.


After having the topical Lidocain put on. We had to keep that bandage on for a half hour to let the medicine do its job. Once the skin was basically numb, they gave him 2 shots of Lidocain to make sure he wouldn't feel anything during the stitching.


Just after getting home that night. Levi got hurt around 4:30 and we didn't get home until 9pm. Which meant no dinner until 9. This was just as we sat down. Poor guy! I had a few snacks at the hospital for him, but, it was nothing compared to the roast I had in the crock pot at home.



This was taken 2 days later on our way to nanna's and grandpa Charlies for 4th of July festivities. Looks to me like it is healing really well. Now we just have to have them removed!









2 comments:

  1. What a brave little guy (and mommy). I would have been in tears as well. I'm so glad that I found your blog. Now I have a better way to keep in touch with your family! hehehe. Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Levi! I can't even imagine having to wrap him up and hold him down. Poor kid. I am sure there will be many more trips to the ER! I can't believe we haven't had to take Jayda yet...............knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete